Design is critical when considering a shooting range’s functionality and it is important to consider the necessary components that create a safe range environment. At Range Systems, we understand that every project is unique and requires thoughtful planning and consideration. Through decades of experience, we understand each customer has unique requirements that take a joint effort to solve. We work collaboratively with our customers to ensure you get exactly what you need to reach your goals.
Our team of experienced industry experts specialize in designing, manufacturing and installing live fire facilities worldwide.
INDOOR RANGE LAYOUT
DB LEVEL DEMONSTRATION
- Range Systems takes great pride in helping our customers select the proper materials to ensure the safest, cleanest and QUIETEST range designs in the industry. Part of that commitment involves our close collaboration with architects and builders in the pre-construction planning phase to determine where/how the range box itself is best located. This DB Level video provides a “real-world” demonstration or proof of concept showing how Range Systems design and materials ensure that a fully equipped live fire shooting range can be operated within an existing multi-tenant commercial building with no excessive noise levels or disturbances to other businesses in close proximity.
- Location – New Hope MN, a northern suburb 12-15 miles from downtown Minneapolis.
- Range Systems offices, manufacturing facility, and test range are located within a 90,000 Sq. Foot commercial warehouse/office building with neighboring businesses adjacent to the range. The building itself is located approx. 225 feet from a residential neighborhood.
- The Test Range is located within the commercial building and shares interior walls with other tenants in building along with common areas such as hallways, lobby and bathrooms.
- Details of the range space
- Test Range is a 1,200 Sq. Foot free standing structure built inside former warehouse area. The interior of range is covered with Range Systems equipment including AR500 steel and Dura-Panel ballistic rubber on walls and ceiling. Dura-Panel ballistic rubber has been independently tested to achieve a .65 NRC (Noise Reduction Co-efficient) / 29 STC (Sound Transmission Class) providing a tremendous noise reduction and sound deadening benefit.
- Video demonstrates range in operation with continuous live fire during normal business hours and no excessive noise escaping inside or outside building. DB Levels taken during walk through never exceeded normal conversation levels.
TARGET RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS
We offer three types of target retrieval systems to choose from: RS1000, CR-2 and CR-2TL. The RS1000 is a simple, easy to use, price point driven system. Our CR-2 and CR-2 TL retrieval systems are more sophisticated wireless systems that provide a high-end experience to the user without the high-end price.
CHALLENGER POP-UP TARGET SYSTEM
The Challenger Target Pop-Up Target System is a safe and practical way to have reactive target training indoors without the risk of ricochet and splatter. It is so simple that no batteries or electricity are required to operate it. With this system, you’re able to set up an endless array of shooting scenarios in minutes creating a fun training experience.
TAKE YOUR GUN RANGE TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
THE ONLY SMART SYSTEM CAMERA ON THE MARKET TO SHOW EVERY SHOT IN REAL TIME.
The unique capabilities and unmatched performance of our proprietary ballistic rubber have set the standard for range safety, durability and sound reduction. Dura-Panel™ or Dura-Bloc™ ballistic rubber virtually eliminate the hazards of ricochet and splatter, minimize airborne lead contaminants and offer ballistic capabilities no other material can match.
ProTacts™ Tactical Ballistic Sidewalls provide a safe and effective space when more dynamic, off the mark training is desired. The rifle rated Tactical Sidewall System is constructed of 3/8-inch AR500 steel plate covered with 2-inch thick Dura-Panel™ ballistic rubber adhered directly to the front face of the steel plate. This allows for intentional and repeated firing into the sidewalls when conducting down range, tactical training. Rifle rated Sidewall Systems can accept up to 7.62 / .308 calibers.
ProTacts™ Ballistic Sidewall System is ideal for ranges where concrete ceilings or tactical baffles are present. This allows users to directly engage the sidewalls practicing dynamic real-life move and shoot scenarios safely, even at point blank distances. This provides training options not available in most ranges. ProTacts™ minimize the potential safety hazards of erratic ricochets and back splatter from bullets impacting this area of the range. This application also offers noise abatement by absorbing sounds and reducing reverberation. The combination of ballistic and acoustic components provides a safer and cleaner range environment as well as more versatile shooting activities, giving a distinct advantage for those who have an interest in next level training.